The Apache Tomcat Maven Plugin provides goals to manipulate WAR projects within the Apache Tomcat servlet container. You can run your War Apache Maven project through Apache Maven without deploying your WAR file to an Apache Tomcat instance.
More details are available in the Maven generated site:
- Trunk documentation (under development)
- Version 2.2 (released version: 2013-11-11)
- Version 2.1 (released version: 2013-02-25)
- Version 2.0 (released version: 2012-09-14)
- Version 2.0-beta-1 (released version: 2012-02-01)
Sources are located in the following git repository: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat-maven-plugin.git which is also mirrored at: https://github.com/apache/tomcat-maven-plugin.
The Bug Tracker to use is the ASF Jira instance: https://bz.apache.org/jira/browse/MTOMCAT